koji is broken

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Feb 26 17:14:54 UTC 2015

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 17:22:01 +0100
Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:

> And would you have the kindness to tell me what I can to about it?

I'm not sure. It's some issue with your communication to the koji
hub...

> > Can you do a:
> >
> > koji list-tasks --mine
>
> # koji list-tasks --mine
> Error: [('SSL routines', 'SSL3_READ_BYTES', 'ssl handshake failure')]

Is your fedora koji cert up to date?

fedora-cert -v

and if it's expired it should offer to issue you a new one.
Usually however, it would say expired, not handshake failure.

Can you ping koji.fedoraproject.org? browse to it?
Is the time correct on your machine?

> >> BTW: Here's another variant of a break down:
> >> https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/1835/9081835/root.log
> >>
> >> This time, yum/dnf (whatever currently is being used, I presume
> >> it's yum) is demonstrating one of the yum/dnf issues we discussed
> >> yesterday:
> >>
> >> Yum retries to download packages from a mirror it could have know
> >> to be broken, because it failed to connect to it before.
> >
> > Sure, but then it would have just failed faster as thats the only
> > mirror thats defined internally for builders.
>
> yum could have tried a different mirror instead of retrying the
> already broken one again.

There's no other mirrors for internal builds. It's a baseurl to the
kojipkgs server.

I am considering making another kojipkgs server and making them round
robin in dns. At least with this restarting squid won't break a bunch
of builds.

kevin