CLI tools in Gnome Software?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jan 3 04:58:52 UTC 2015

Hedayat Vatankhah wrote:
> Apart from the "Application" discussion, I really like to see a new
> "Development Libraries" concept in Gnome software just like Fonts and
> Input sources, which lets a developer to look for libraries and rate
> them. Some of them can even have screenshots: GUI libraries (Qt, GTK)
> and graphic/game engines are good examples.

Indeed, it's really funny that a product/spin/flavor/(insert term of the day
here) (Fedora "Workstation") which claims to primarily target developers (!)
does not even list -devel packages in the one and only software management
UI it installs by default.

How are we supposed to develop software without -devel packages? Development
in the real world is not limited to web stuff and scripting languages!

        Kevin Kofler