Ramblings and questions regarding Fedora, but stemming from gnome-software and desktop environments

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 02:45:11 UTC 2015

Hi

On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 6:20 PM, Michael Catanzaro  wrote:

> We may have been too aggressive in removing it. I think we could include
> it by default if it had a first-run dialog that briefly explains what a
> package is, and that package management is an advanced tool for system
> administrators. Maybe with a link that launches GNOME Software.

Another alternative would be for GNOME Software to show packages perhaps
optionally and deprioritize packages in the listing which don't fit GNOME
Software's criteria for an "Application".   Excluding all packages just
causes confusion and has become a FAQ as of late in users list, Ask Fedora
etc.

Rahul