Yet another frustration with Fedora package management

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jan 4 18:19:20 UTC 2015

Am 04.01.2015 um 19:13 schrieb Hedayat Vatankhah:
> /*Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>*/ wrote on Sun, 04 Jan 2015
> 19:11:01 +0100:
>>
>> Am 04.01.2015 um 19:02 schrieb Hedayat Vatankhah:
>>> /*Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu>*/ wrote on Sat, 03 Jan 2015 16:58:32
>>> -0600:

>>> Thank you!!! Yes, I know that I can do it, but its nothing but
>>> ridiculous. And, as I said, this is an unsafe approach: first I excluded
>>> it from one repo, then I discovered that I should add another
>>> repository, and then another one. What if this package is in 50 repos?
>>> Or you want to set metadata_expire for 50 repos?
>>> I wonder if having a single packages.conf is THAT hard!!!
>>
>> WTF don't you read other answers before continue to rant?
>> just edit "yum.conf" instead demand a useless "packages.conf"
>> duplicating what is already there
> Have you read my first email carefully? yum.conf is only used by yum,
> DNF and PackageKit/Gnome software don't care about it.

DNF is using "/etc/dnf/dnf.conf" which is one reason more to finally
rename it back to YUM when it starts to replace it instead demand users
all over the world change working configs, but that's a different topic
nobody cares about

if other sofwtare like Packagekit ignore that global options of the
package manager just file bugreport for them

 >>> I wonder if having a single packages.conf is THAT hard!!!

for DNF, YUM, Packagekit and what not else?
surely, the same way hard to just proceed the configuration of yum.conf,
they all would needed to be changed