Ramblings and questions regarding Fedora, but stemming from gnome-software and desktop environments

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 11:29:13 UTC 2015

On 05/01/15 06:25, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> That is potentially one way to address it.  I think it is somewhat
> confusing to have two different interfaces for dealing with software and
> it also means that the additional metadata included in GNOME Software
> won't be available for command line utilities <...>

And in the developer usecase, isn't this where this metadata would be
really useful? As for tools, I think many (most?) developers already
have strong preferences and choose them for a reason.

Dependency libraries is something different - haven't  we all been on
thin ice with such ones and would have loved to have more input?

Cheers!

--alec