Ramblings and questions regarding Fedora, but stemming from gnome-software and desktop environments

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jan 5 18:10:32 UTC 2015

Am 05.01.2015 um 17:48 schrieb Alec Leamas:
> I don't envy how the political climate on your continent has affected
> this for you. However, connecting to the top of this sub-thread, for the
> Fedora Workstation usecase this is not necessarily that bad - a
> developer works normally with local tools, although of course browsing
> and downloading is affected by network speed.

no idea which sort of developers you know

where i work developemnt environments are running often on virtualized
remote machines at all because snapshots, backups and we develop network
aware applications at all

hence we have small shell scripts as commands in the PATH for common
tasks and i don't need to bother if i am at office in the same LAN, on
my home machine with a 365/24 VPN link or even on a smartphone over VPN
and can fire up basic tasks always the same way regardless of connection
speed and location