dnf and handling kernel-devel updates correctly

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Jan 7 06:53:16 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 06, 2015 at 17:51:49 -0500,
  Josh Boyer <jwboyer at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>Small addendum: if a provenpackager wants to get to this sooner, we'd
>be happy for the help.  Just make sure to stick around for any fallout
>too :).

The bug didn't leave it clear if installonlypkg was going to always be
qualified with kernel for all of the installed packages or by the
name of particular package. kernel-PAE-module currently provides
installonlypkg(kernel-module), so I am guessing they should (except
skip PAE for PAE kernel stuff?

Also for anyone jumping into this, the bug was created before the
kernel-modules package existed and the packages that can be multiply
installed are a bit different now.