Deleting f20-gnome-3-12 copr

Pete Travis lists at petetravis.com
Wed Jan 7 14:13:51 UTC 2015

On Jan 7, 2015 6:00 AM, "Richard Hughes" <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm planning to delete
> https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/rhughes/f20-gnome-3-12/ this
> week. The original description always had "This COPR will be updated
> until Fedora 21 has been released or until the entropy death of the
> universe, whichever happens first." so I don't altogether feel too
> guilty about abandoning it. Does anyone have any objections or wants
> to volunteer to take it over before I delete the repo?
>
> Richard
> --

While recognizing the massive maintenance burden of this COPR, I suspect
the majority of objections will come from the enthusiast end user type -
you know, the ones that are so eager to try the new thing they read about
that they blow right past the description.  This COPR received a lot of
publicity; fedoramagazine articles, social media, blog posts, etc.

Can you work in similar signal for end users?  Besides the online content,
I think even an integrated warning from within the GNOME session would be
cool.  I could show you a dozen examples from ask.fp.o where users
encounter a "404, your repo has gone away" and they do not understand it.

</backseatdriver>

--Pete