Deleting f20-gnome-3-12 copr

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 20:38:56 UTC 2015

On 7 January 2015 at 09:47, Pete Travis <lists at petetravis.com> wrote:

> On Jan 7, 2015 7:23 AM, "drago01" <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 3:13 PM, Pete Travis <lists at petetravis.com>
> wrote:

> > > While recognizing the massive maintenance burden of this COPR, I
> suspect the
> > > majority of objections will come from the enthusiast end user type -
> you
> > > know, the ones that are so eager to try the new thing they read about
> that
> > > they blow right past the description.
> >
> > Well one might think that those kind of users have updated to F21 to
> > get the "new shiny stuff" anyway.
> > --
>
> The kind of users that are always driving for the latest shiny thing,
> yes.  The users that read about some shiny thing on the internet, were
> interested, and plowed through the instructions without really
> understanding the implications, no.  I'm just suggesting a little courtesy
> and further instruction for the latter.
>
> In any case, there *will* be some perplexed folks out there when it gets
> turned off.  I can share links when I see them if you like :)

We have all been on the Internet long enough to know that there is a
segment of users who will complain even if they had been hand delivered
notes that stuff was EOL. I think just doing what you originally suggested
and mailing to announce and possibly Fedora Magazine will suffice. :)

--
Stephen J Smoogen.