F22 System Wide Change: Change xorg input stack to use libinput

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Thu Jan 8 14:00:35 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-01-08 at 08:54 -0500, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> [...]

Was it really only F20? Seems older than that. Anyway, it's irrelevant
when BlueZ landed upstream. What went wrong was that GNOME landed the
support which broke backwards compatibility, which forced KDE to
scramble to get it working on their side. This was a communication
issue, and I think everyone would prefer not to repeat it. My apologies
if my original message bringing it up sounded accusatory. It was not my
intent.

The whole point of System Wide Changes is to ensure that all the people
who might be impacted by a Change are notified and involved. So in order
to avoid forcing sudden and unexpected work on a particular group, we
called it out as a contingency issue: if either or both of the
release-blocking desktops don't make the contingency deadlines, it gets
deferred so they can both get it right in the next release.