upcoming libtool rebase (2.4.2 ~> 2.4.3)

Pavel Raiskup praiskup at redhat.com
Fri Jan 9 09:23:12 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 29 of October 2014 15:20:31 Pavel Raiskup wrote:
> Libtool upstream was able to cut the new release!
>
> I'll rebase the Rawhide package probably by the end of the next week or
> so, if there are no objections.
>
> Upstream maintainer calls this update fearless :) and that it needs a bit
> of luck [1] (asking for possible downstream cooperation);  however after
> cutting F21 from rawhide we have probably good time for this rebase (the
> update should be more like bugfix anyway).
>
> There are some known incompatibilities; see the official announcement [2].
> There is also scratch build for testing [3].
>
> [1] http://osdir.com/ml/libtool-gnu/2014-10/msg00011.html
> [2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autotools-announce/2014-10/msg00000.html
> [3] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=7975615

This ping has been here for some time and upstream released bug-fix
v2.4.4 meanwhile.  I was about to wait for 2.4.5 but that could take even
more time.  So please expect rebase to 2.4.4 next week - I just want to
wait a bit for automake-1.15 acclimatizes in Rawhide;  just to try to
avoid confusion what tool caused possible build-failures.

Pavel