F22 System Wide Change: Set sshd(8) PermitRootLogin=no

Przemek Klosowski przemek.klosowski at nist.gov
Fri Jan 9 17:56:45 UTC 2015

On 01/08/2015 06:09 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> in my "serious" environments which are all virtualized it is simple:
>
>  * a central VMware vCenter Server for the HA cluster
>  * that thing is sadly a windows machine, don't matter
>    because it's only purpose is to run a RDP session
>    and all day long the VMware client connected to the
>    vCenter
>  * for sure you can achieve the same with pure open-source
Right, just a SMOP.... NOT.

Actually, even with vCenter (which we also have) getting a console is
not a foregone conclusion. It is a browser plugin which actually right
now does not work for me on my linux desktop.

On second thought, perhaps you're suggesting what I often do, RDP to a
windows machine with vCenter, which does work, but is less than elegant:
RDP from machine 1 to a virtual machine 2, accessing a hypervisor
running on physical host 3  that accesses a virtual machine 4.