Unpackaged files checking - oddities

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 12:31:22 UTC 2015

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 12:32:04 +0100, Thomas Moschny wrote:

> > %exclude is global per spec file, or else you would need to %exclude
> > a file in _all_ subpackages (in the case when deleting it in %install
> > would be more convenient anyway). That would cause some pain in some
> > packages.
>
> Is that really true? But  a file %excluded in the main package can be
> explicitly named and thus included in a subpackage, right? At least I
> am doing that in one of my packages...

You've read too much between the lines. ;)

A file %excluded in the main package

 * _need not_ be included in any subpackage,
 * does not raise an "unpackaged file found in buildroot" error,
 * may be included in subpackages accidentally (like ordinary duplicates).

IOW, with "global" I did _not_ mean it would be hidden completely and
could not be included within subpackage %files sections anymore.