Fedora tcp_wrappers (missing) support for custom acl scripts, aclexec

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Sun Jan 11 20:29:08 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 12:16:38AM +0200, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently noticed Debian/Ubuntu has had support for "aclexec" in tcp_wrappers via a custom patch since 2006,
> so you can do this in /etc/hosts.allow or hosts.deny:
>

> What do people feel about that? I'd like to see support for aclexec included in Fedora's tcp_wrappers package.

   Enhancing tcpwrappers isn't generally a way we are going:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2014-March/196913.html

  Above discussions is only about proposal, no change was made.  But I highly doubt
any serious work on tcpwrappers will happen.

--
Tomasz Torcz              ,,If you try to upissue this patchset I shall be seeking
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl   an IP-routable hand grenade.'' -- Andrew Morton (LKML)