A little problem with dnf

Adrian Soliard asoliard at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 12 10:55:26 UTC 2015

> On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 11:27 AM, Jan Zelený <jzeleny at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On 11. 1. 2015 at 20:40:56, Adrian Soliard wrote:
>>> Hi everyone!
>>>    I'm struggling a bit with dnf. It may have advantages, but as an
>>> end-user, I'm fighting with the list of packages when I press TAB.
>>> It's complicated, if I forget to install a specific package, dnf
>>> wouldn't show it to me, yum do it [1].
>>>
>>> I know that dnf is newer, and surely will improve, I'm just writing to
>>> let seated such problem.
>>>
>>> [1] http://asoliard.fedorapeople.org/dnf.png
>>
>> What happens when you press "y"? Does it show you the completions then? I have
>> just tried it and the list seems to be correct to me - it's just quite long
>> because there are many packages starting with "eclipse"

If I press "y" it show me a list of coincidence, but It don't matter
if is installed or not.

>> In any case if you think there is something wrong with dnf, we encourage you
>> to file a bug but this doesn't seem to be the case.

I know, that's not a problem, I'm not going to open a bug for this.;
But I think is good to know, as I said before, dnf is newer than yum,
it will improve

> This will happens, because installed packages is available packages I
> think and we relying completion on available packages.

Try it: Install a package (a simple package, like "homebank"), and
then write "dnf install homeba" and TAB.
dnf will autocomplete "homebank", and you already has installed it.