F22 System Wide Change: Set sshd(8) PermitRootLogin=no

Mike Pinkerton pselists at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 12 17:57:29 UTC 2015

On 12 Jan 2015, at 12:02, P J P wrote:

>> On Monday, 12 January 2015 8:47 PM, Mike Pinkerton wrote:
>> Not just virtualized deployments, but also in remote installs on bare
>> metal.
>

>   Okay and the '%post' install section trick won't help there?
>
> IIUC, it'd depend on which tool/application is used to do such
> remote installations and if they provide means to customise/tweak
> the final install.

Sure, if the tool provides the ability to tweak the install to enable
password-based root login, then one can log in after installation,
upload keys, configure sshd, etc.  The question is whether the tool
that is available has that ability.  Over the years, I have attempted
many of the remote installation methods described in the Fedora
Installation Guide.  Not all of them work when you don't control the
remote network.

--
Mike Pinkerton