F22 System Wide Change: Set sshd(8) PermitRootLogin=no

P J P pj.pandit at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jan 12 18:28:08 UTC 2015

> On Monday, 12 January 2015 11:27 PM, Mike Pinkerton wrote:
> Sure, if the tool provides the ability to tweak the install to enable
> password-based root login, then one can log in after installation,
> upload keys, configure sshd, etc.  The question is whether the tool
> that is available has that ability.  Over the years, I have attempted
> many of the remote installation methods described in the Fedora
> Installation Guide.  Not all of them work when you don't control the
> remote network.

  Right, I understand. We'll still have time till F22 release to sort out these issues in tools.

As said in the previous mail, if we agree on PermitRootLogin=without-password as the _default_ sshd(8) configuration, then next step would be to communicate the affected tools and workflow maintainers to make required changes to account for the sshd(8) configuration change.

---
Regards
   -Prasad
http://feedmug.com