Remove gcc, gcc-c++ and make from minimal build root

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Tue Jan 13 06:12:11 UTC 2015

On Tue 13 Jan 2015 01:35:26 AM CET Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Vít Ondruch wrote:
>> I'd like to collect some feedback about the $SUBJECT, i.e. making
>> minimal build root really minimal, explicitly specifying build
>> dependencies, etc.
>
> -1, all the serious software requires gcc, gcc-c++ and make to build.
>
> I actually think that cmake should be added to the minimal build root,
> instead of removing stuff. Almost all the packages I work on BuildRequire
> cmake (which also implies that they need make to build, and gcc-c++ is the
> typical implementation language).

Yes good idea. I worked on Java packages. Let's put Maven in minimal
buildroot. I am sure everyone will enjoy it.

Sorry for the sarcasm. Couldn't resist :-)

Seriously though what's a problem with listing your package's real build
requires?

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>
Business System Analyst, Hosted and Shared Services (HSS)

PGP: 7B087241