F22 System Wide Change: Set sshd(8) PermitRootLogin=no

Ben Cotton bcotton at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 13 17:26:04 UTC 2015

I updated the change page with a small change to the User Experience
section. It now matches the effect of the updated proposal.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 11:34 AM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> wrote:
> I suspect that to properly support making changes here
> it needs to be strongly tied into anaconda changes that manage the
> initial sshd config file.

Would the ability to specify a public key (via the GUI or as a command
line option) suit your needs? This seems like the simplest approach
since it wouldn't require much logic, though it would still require
changes to anaconda. This would still allow us to proceed with
disabling password-based root login, but give users the option to keep
from locking themselves out of a remote machine post-install.

Thanks,
BC

--
Ben Cotton