Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2015-01-07)

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 13 22:39:34 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 12:24:53PM -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> It is not even close to feasible.
[...]
> It is still not reasonable to get everything done in that period of
> time.

Okay, so, in an ideal world, what would it take to bring the mass
rebuild time down? This schedule is, nominally, 5 months and 10 days
from the F21 release, and if we consider that to include a built-in one
week slip buffer for each of alpha, beta, and final, it's exactly 6
months — our theoretical target.

If we have bottlenecks that make it impossible to construct this kind
of six-month schedule, we should at least eye what it would take to
reduce them. Is this a hardware problem? Storage speed? People power?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>