How to contact Michale Cromeworth

Jochen Schmitt Jochen at herr-schmitt.de
Wed Jan 14 17:52:59 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 11:37:22AM -0600, Chris Adams wrote:

> Look at your results; you did not get that result in your dig.  You got

tahk you for your information, but the error message was created by a
relay host located by my ISP.

> failure while trying to resolve cchtml.com/MX.  It works for me from
> several locations on the Internet, so the problem would appear to be
> with your DNS.

I have retried to send the message without any success. But I have tried to
maske an DNS query directly agins the Google DNS and have find out, that the
hostname, which you have specified as a mail excahnge is a CNAME. But this is not
allowed for MX records. MX records have to point to A reords instead of CNAME
records.

Best Regards:

Jochen Schmitt

Skript gestartet auf Mi 14 Jan 2015 18:42:28 CET

; <<>> DiG 9.9.6-P1-RedHat-9.9.6-6.P1.fc21 <<>> @8.8.8.8 mail.cchtml.com
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;mail.cchtml.com.		IN	A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
mail.cchtml.com.	1720	IN	CNAME	cchtml.com.
cchtml.com.		100	IN	A	71.86.124.216

;; Query time: 16 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Mi Jan 14 18:42:28 CET 2015
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 74

Skript beendet: Mi 14 Jan 2015 18:42:28 CET