Remove gcc, gcc-c++ and make from minimal build root

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 22:13:17 UTC 2015

> On 01/15/2015 04:20 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> >> Would it be technically feasible to have a different buildroot for arch
> >> and noarch packages?
> > What would this be useful for?
>
> The thought would be that (almost all) noarch packages don't need gcc, so
> the
> noarch buildroot could exclude gcc without impacting existing packages.

I was going to say the same about noarch/arched packages and gcc
assumption, also that I don't see any "simplification" in hardcoding the
default compiler everywhere, specially as It probably depends on the build
target . I remember other distros were using cross-compiler in buildroot
and that was working pretty fine if the default "compiler" wasn't
needlessly assumed.

Another case about the default buildroot is compiler version, one could
rely on a newer gcc (such as with a gcc5 package) and rebuild any packages
with this new buildroot environment without tweaking any sources packages.

--
-

Nicolas (kwizart)