Meeting minutes for Env-and-Stacks WG meeting (2015-01-14)

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 16:08:30 UTC 2015

On 16 January 2015 at 01:31, Bohuslav Kabrda <bkabrda at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]
Fedora Core was seen by many developers as "You either work in the small
team of Red Hatters and get stuff done" or "You are a volunteer or someone
at Red Hat who isn't part of the cool group and don't get stuff done."

If you were an "Outsider" and worked on a package that all of a sudden was
"core" you found your version no longer was the one being worked on.

Inside of the Core team it was a giant pressure cooker of "We have to get
this out the f'ing door now and don't have time to talk."

So it took 3 releases (5 if you count RHL 8 and RHL 9) for "Extras" to be
actually accepted as being something that could be done, and it took 3-4
more releases before Core could be unwound and "outside developers" to be
considered "essential developers".

Because this proposal is tone deaf to that history it can come across as
insulting in various ways.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.