against dnssec

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Sun Jan 18 12:33:52 UTC 2015

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015, Paul Wouters wrote:
>Furthermore, "government control is a simplistic overstatement". For
>one, some government is in control of the TLD to begin with. They
>can yank your domain or serve it with arbitrary content, regardless
>of whether your certificate is validated by CA/PKIX or DNSSEC/DANE.
As a recent incident, I should point to the practice happened in
December 2014 in Republic of Belarus where both independent media sites
and commercial media outlets were wiped from the national TLD following
attempts by the national bank to keep up with inflation.

onliner.by was completely removed from the TLD by claims of Ministry of
Economics and it took them 18 days to get back to business by changing
their own ebay-like catalogue. naviny.by (news site) was removed from
the TLD too, though for lesser time, for its independent reporting.

Essentially, this is already a reality around the world.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy