F22 System Wide Change: Default Local DNS Resolver

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Mon Jan 19 17:16:08 UTC 2015

On Wed, 14 Jan 2015 06:26:49 +1030
William B <william at firstyear.id.au> wrote:

> Right now, enabled unbound and dnssec-trigger on a laptop is an
> extremely difficult experience.

Can you tell why you're trying that. Everyone I talk to always
go unbound, unbound, unbound... WHY? Unbound is plain broken
and does not work, especially with DNSSEC. But I use plain
dnsmasq with NM, and everything works perfectly and fully automated
by NM on my F21 laptop -- including VPN (with vpnc, no less), my internal
LAN DNS, airports, office. Perhaps that's only because dnsmasq fails
to participate in DNSSEC properly? Or what? Why is everyone so
fixated on Unbound?

-- Pete