Meeting minutes for Env-and-Stacks WG meeting (2015-01-14)

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 19:17:53 UTC 2015

On 19 January 2015 at 05:08, Bohuslav Kabrda <bkabrda at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]
The issues that come up are if ring0 and ring1 has a different update
process than ring2. If an SRPM has both in them, then you may not be able
to fix problems in ring2 because ring0, ring1 would supercede ring2. Thus
you end up splitting out a lot of packages into sub-rpms to deal with what
the developer sees as needless bureaucracy but the 'product manager' does
not.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.