F22 System Wide Change: Default Local DNS Resolver

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Jan 19 21:29:38 UTC 2015

On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 16:10:25 -0500
Chuck Anderson <cra at WPI.EDU> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 04:54:46PM +0100, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> > = Proposed System Wide Change: Default Local DNS Resolver =
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Default_Local_DNS_Resolver
>
> I've been using unbound + dnssec-trigger on my laptop at home and
> desktop at work since this was announced for F21.  It works fine most
> of the time, but there are occasionally issues with name resolution
> that are "fixed" by restarting unbound.

As another datapoint, I have been using it here for several years.
(since the dnssec-trigger package landed). For the most part it's
working fine.

I ran into a issue with unbound crashing in rawhide a while back, but
it was easy to downgrade and it was fixed up in a day or two by
maintainers.

I find dnssec-trigger-control and unbound-control occasionally very
handy for making things reprobe or use a different server or flush
cache. As far as I know dnsmasq lacks that kind of control.

kevin