F22 System Wide Change: Atomic Host
jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Jan 20 16:22:16 UTC 2015
= Proposed System Wide Change: Atomic Host =
Change owner(s): Cloud SIG / Joe Brockmeier <jzb at fedoraproject.org> and Colin
Walters <walters at verbum.org>
New Fedora product: Fedora Atomic Host, an implementation of the Project
Atomic  pattern.
This is a continuation and expansion of Changes/Atomic_Cloud_Image .
== Detailed Description ==
The original Changes/Atomic_Cloud_Image was a host system delivered just as a
cloud image. This Change for Fedora 22 expands it to a multitude of delivery
* Bare metal support via Anaconda
* Cloud providers
** OpenStack/KVM qcow2
** EC2 AMI
** Google Compute Engine
* Vagrant boxes (OS X and vagrant-libvirt)
* Ultra-minimal LiveOS image designed for PXE booting diskless servers
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners: Maintain kickstart and tree configuration, integration with
Anaconda and other tools, maintain packages in Fedora
* Other developers: Unknown.
* Release engineering: Will need to generate trees during the general Fedora
compose process, and generate install media and cloud image based on trees.
* Policies and guidelines: May need updates for RpmOstree.
== Contingency Plan ==
* Blocks product? Yes, Atomic Host
If something fails and this product can't ship, some upgrade mechanism for
Fedora 21 Atomic Cloud Image users would need to be evaluated. The simplest
fallback is to tell those users to reinstall with a traditional Fedora 22
devel-announce mailing list
devel-announce at lists.fedoraproject.org
More information about the devel