IntelliJ

Sudhir Khanger ml at sudhirkhanger.com
Wed Jan 21 03:59:31 UTC 2015

On Wednesday, January 21, 2015 12:39:56 AM Julien Enselme wrote:
> For android studio, the Oracle JDK is more a recommendation. I made some
> basic Android development today with Android studio running on the
> OpenJDK and Fedora 21 and I experienced no problems at all.

Oracle JDK 7 is the specific requirement for Android Studio. The only caveat
of using OpenJDK with IntelliJ is that upstream won't take bug reports. If
people can live with that I think it is a great idea. Maybe if enough folks
were using IntelliJ with OpenJDK, it might help change their stance on Oracle
JDK requirement.

--
Regards,
Sudhir Khanger,