amending the new package process

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at redhat.com
Wed Jan 21 12:16:47 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-01-21 at 12:10 +0100, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> > I'd like to propose an amendment to allow
> > bringing packages even if no reviewers are available (the typical case).
> >
> > Step 6: ... If the proposed package is not reviewed for 2 months, the
> > package must be reviewed by the submitter, and a git module with the
> > master branch will be approved.
> The self review doesn't make sense, since I expect you did the package
> to your best knowledge already and you really want second pair of eyes
> to find any issues which slipped through your hands.
> At least myself, I always looking for reviewer who cares to find every
> issues I missed, challenge my knowledge and I'd be quite unhappy to
> discover later that something slipped through review unnoticed.

That's wishful thinking. I proposed that rule in order to make apparent
the fact that there are not enough reviewers and new packages are
blocked in the queue. Ignoring the fact isn't going to make it go away.

> And there is nothing wrong with review swaps. You help others, they help
> you.

That's good for you, but unacceptable to me. That way we penalize people
who add packages.

regards,
Nikos