Meeting minutes for Env-and-Stacks WG meeting (2015-01-21)

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Wed Jan 21 13:41:58 UTC 2015

#fedora-meeting: Env and Stacks (2015-01-21)

Meeting started by hhorak at 12:00:42 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2015-01-21/env-and-stacks.2015-01-21-12.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Nominations & Elections  (hhorak, 12:04:03)
   * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Env_and_Stacks/Nominations
     (hhorak, 12:04:29)
   * ACTION: hhorak will contact jreznik to let the "winners" be
     announced  (hhorak, 12:11:38)

* devconf  (hhorak, 12:11:49)
   * juhp, bkabrda, vpavlin will be on devconf, brno and hopefully we'll
     all meet on the panel discussion on Sunday 12:30 local (Brno) time
     (hhorak, 12:16:53)
   * LINK: http://devconf.cz/   (hhorak, 12:16:53)
   * Env&Stacks members and friends beer meeting: we'll meet at the
     Saturday's "event" and then will go for a beer somewhere  (hhorak,
     12:28:09)

* Ringzzz  (hhorak, 12:30:10)
   * there's been discussion about our meeting minutes from the last time
     (hhorak, 13:27:33)
   * ACTION: everybody is encourage to get involved in the discussion
     about rings on devel ML  (hhorak, 13:27:33)
   * it's not clear if separation of packages in ring 1 and 2 should be
     made on SRPM level or on RPM level. the later option would produce
     smaller set of packages in ring 1, there are no specific advantages
     of the former option  (hhorak, 13:27:49)
   * we need to summarize the ideas about rings on a page, where we will
     cover: our perception of rings, some sample scenarios (personas)
     about what the rings model changes for the maintainers and what for
     the users  (hhorak, 13:28:40)
   * unless somebody finds time to write it up, we'll can do something on
     the beermeeting during devconf  (hhorak, 13:28:58)
   * ACTION: meeting time  (hhorak, 13:33:47)
   * ACTION: hhorak will send a link to when-is-good to pick up a new
     timeslot for the Env&Stacks meeting, we may setup two time slots,
     one east-friendly, another west-friendly.. and alternate on odd/even
     weeks  (hhorak, 13:38:38)

Meeting ended at 13:40:06 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* hhorak will contact jreznik to let the "winners" be announced
* everybody is encourage to get involved in the discussion about rings
   on devel ML
* meeting time
* hhorak will send a link to when-is-good to pick up a new timeslot for
   the Env&Stacks meeting, we may setup two time slots, one
   east-friendly, another west-friendly.. and alternate on odd/even weeks

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* hhorak
   * hhorak will contact jreznik to let the "winners" be announced
   * hhorak will send a link to when-is-good to pick up a new timeslot
     for the Env&Stacks meeting, we may setup two time slots, one
     east-friendly, another west-friendly.. and alternate on odd/even
     weeks
* jreznik
   * hhorak will contact jreznik to let the "winners" be announced
* **UNASSIGNED**
   * everybody is encourage to get involved in the discussion about rings
     on devel ML
   * meeting time

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------