DNF as default package manager

Tomas Mraz tmraz at redhat.com
Wed Jan 21 15:01:16 UTC 2015

On St, 2015-01-21 at 11:13 +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:

> The onus in Fedora has _ALWAYS_ been to prove that the new feature is
> complete and ready to replace the existing working solution, not for
> everyone else to prove that it's not. Given the number of issues I see
> reported with dnf regarding dependencies, current kernels being
> removed and other such issues I've seen nothing to prove it's
> ready.... Sorry!

That is unfortunately blatantly false statement. There were multiple
features (or what should be called features but formally was not) that
were forced into Fedora even though they weren't by any means finished.
I can name UsrMove, TMPonTMPFS, etc. Even the systemd replacement of
sysvinit change but that was not that bad.

--
Tomas Mraz
                                              Turkish proverb