DNF as default package manager

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 14:06:34 UTC 2015

On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 09:33:31 +0100, Vít Ondruch wrote:

> Dne 20.1.2015 v 14:22 Bohuslav Kabrda napsal(a):
> > 1) DNF will be the default package manager for F22 [2], so everything is ok here.
>
> I really wonder what is the state here. This is on my rawhide:

> # dnf remove yum

>  python3-chardet                 noarch 2.2.1-2.fc22              @System 1.1 M
>  python3-requests                noarch 2.5.0-3.fc22              @System 318 k
>  python3-urllib3                 noarch 1.10-1.fc22               @System 341 k

Is "dnf remove ..." any special and also removes requirements in addition to
"yum"?

python3-chardet certainly does not depend on "yum" in any way.
Same for the other Python 3 based packages in your list. I can only
imagine they are on the list because they are dependencies by something
else on that list. Not "yum" which is Python 2 based anyway.