Python 3 as a Default - Status

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Fri Jan 23 09:48:08 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

> On Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 12:00 PM, Bohuslav Kabrda wrote:
>
> > How exactly is Fedora Atomic generated? It seems that
> > fedpra-cloud-atomic.ks has no %packages section...
> > I can find out how we're doing with Atomic assuming I know how it's
> > constructed :)
>
> It uses rpm-ostree; the input manifest is here:
> https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/fedora-atomic.git/tree/fedora-atomic-docker-host.json

Thanks. Based on that, this looks pretty much as good as fedora-cloud-base. The list of packages that aren't yet ported based on this manifest:

audit: audit-libs-python (being worked on)
authconfig: authconfig (I sent patch upstream yesterday)
cloud-init: cloud-init (thanks to OpenStack people, it seems that this will get moving very soon)
gettext: gettext (code compatible, just needs to be switched)
libxml2: libxml2-python (libxml2-python3 package is being worked on right now, upstream code is py3 ready)
nfs-utils: nfs-utils (code compatbile, just needs to be switched)
python (is going away)
python-backports (is going away)
python-backports-ssl_match_hostname (is going away)
sos (code compatible, just needs to be switched)

Slavek