DNF and mock

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Fri Jan 23 10:53:04 UTC 2015

On 01/22/2015 03:58 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> This is not really true. Koji write out its own mock configs and will
> not be using dnf for any operations. for anytime soon.  koji hass no
> way to use different tools to install chroots we will continue to use
> yum to install the buildroots for the foreseeable future. so it would
> mean that locally your builds would use dnf but in koji they will use
> yum.

OK. We can postpone this change in Koji/mock for Fedora 24 or even later.
But I wanted to state that because of long life of RHEL, this has to be done someday.
It can be now, in half a year or in two years, but it is inevitable.
Even if that would mean some changes in Koji.
I raised this in advance so no one is surprised and we have time to prepare our tools in whole chain.

> I am happy to sit down with you at devconf and talk about how things
> work for building fedora to make sure that you keep the use cases we
> have in releng in mind when developing mock as right now we feel like
> we are being served very poorly by upstream mock.

*nod*

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS