amending the new package process

Jeff Peeler jpeeler at redhat.com
Fri Jan 23 19:51:57 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 03:15:10AM +0100, Haïkel wrote:

<snip>

>Besides, some submitters do not try hard enough to find reviewers:
>* some reviews do not provide usable links to spec and srpm breaking usage of
>semi-automated reviewing tool. The more information you give to the reviewer,
>the more likely it will get reviewed fast.

I've noticed a lot of reviews that are old commonly have broken links to
spec files. I've never understood why the process does not describe to
attach the spec file directly to bugzilla, though the SRPM probably
should remain elsewhere simply due to size:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers#Upload_Your_Package

I initially thought I would suggest setting up a gerrit instance, but
found this ticket explaining the difficulty in doing that:

And then I found that we already have a reviewboard instance set up at:
http://fedorahosted.org/reviewboard

Would it be crazy to suggest leveraging that for package reviews? I
think it would increase the visibility of pending reviews and allow
reviews to be less cumbersome. (I am aware of the reviews listed on
http://fedoraproject.org/PackageReviewStatus/)

Jeff