Plan of Record for Fedora 22 Network Install Media

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Sat Jan 24 00:24:14 UTC 2015

> On Jan 23, 2015, at 5:34 PM, Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 23 Jan 2015, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
>>
>> In Fedora 22, we will be producing four network install ISOs:
>> * Fedora Server
>> - Server branding
>> - Default environment group: Fedora Server
>> - Auto-partitioning defaults: LVM on XFS (except /boot)
>> - Responsible WG: Server WG
>
> I got bitten by the fact that during install "Everything" is not
> available over the network. Eg I wanted to install packages not
> in the ISO image of the Server spin. I had expected since I did
> an install from the network, that once you got booted, there was
> no reason to withold any packages.

I'm guessing you did a boot of the Server DVD, not the server net install ISO. The latter supports Everything and always has. The DVD ISO only installs the frozen release-time packages and has to be updated after.

> I worked around it by running some yum install in %post, where it
> is available. So it's not urgent. I just wanted to convey my
> surprise. I expected a "net install" to have access to everything.

Or you could have just added the Everything repo with the "repo" directive in the kickstart.