Bodhi policy for pushing updates to stable

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jan 24 16:42:27 UTC 2015

Kamil Paral wrote:
> So, enforcing upgrade path for stable releases sounds good. But when we
> add development releases into the mix, we need to break upgrade path in
> certain cases. And we probably need to come up with a different solution
> to ensure you can correctly upgrade to it on the release day (maybe by
> using yum distro-sync-like approach instead of yum-update-like approach?).
> We will need to deal with these problems as our automation coverage
> increases.

IMHO, we should
1. abolish the Alpha and Beta freezes (just take ALL new builds until the
   criteria are met),
2. open up the 0-day updates immediately on Final freeze,
3. in Final freeze periods, distinguish between freeze overrides and normal
   stable updates in Bodhi, instead of the current "stable = freeze
   override" setup.

        Kevin Kofler