initscripts

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jan 25 16:32:37 UTC 2015

Am 25.01.2015 um 17:09 schrieb poma:
> On 25.01.2015 17:02, Joonas Sarajärvi wrote:
>
>> also bridge configuration should be possible, but I have not really
>> tried it with NM.
>
> In NetworkManager it is already settled in F20, and furthermore works in NetworkD.
> Will they still appear someone "who has not tried it yet"? :)

i have to maintain more then 30 machines responsible for a ton of
network services of some hundret domains and i don't give a damn to play
around with network configurations since it just works as it did 10
years ago and if it ain't broken don't fix it

why should i - as long as i am right in my mind - replace something
working and ater hat differences between the Fedora/CentOS5,6,7 machines
while until now it is a unified configuration?

if you don't have something else to do than play around - fine, but
don't start threads proposing to remove something mayn complex setups
relie on which you don't easily rebuild without a damned good reason