Bodhi policy for pushing updates to stable

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Jan 26 02:02:32 UTC 2015

Adam Williamson wrote:
> With a change along those lines, I think we could plausibly look at
> hard enforcement of the upgrade path, and it would be a good
> improvement. It may be necessary to have *some* kind of override
> mechanism for the case where we have a major security issue we really
> need to fix in stable ASAP, and karma for Branched is lagging behind.

The solution for that is to finally allow multi-release update groups, where
the karma would be added together for all releases. If we push the exact
same security fix to 3 releases, it should not need separate testing for
each.

(That or abolish karma requirements entirely and let the maintainer make the
judgement call, who would of course also take the above into account.)

        Kevin Kofler