initscripts

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Mon Jan 26 03:30:06 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 05:17:24PM +0100, poma wrote:
> On 23.01.2015 16:02, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 06:44:08PM +0100, poma wrote:
> >>
> >> Lukáš 'Allo 'Allo
> >>
> >> I see that some people are trying to "modernize" Fedora.
> >> But what about RHEL relictum - initscripts, particularly now that we have NetworkManager/ModemManager and systemd-networkd,
> >> when will this package "fall off"?
> > We're slowly working on removing things from initscripts.
> > initscripts' main part is not /etc/init.d/networking, which is
> > still widely used and I think will stay around for a while.
> > So no, initscripts is not going away. Just the name is becoming
> > more and more irrelevant.
> >
> > Zbyszek
> >

> Who is this "we"? :)
initscript maintainers. I included myself, hence "we", because I moved
some files from initscripts to the systemd package (e.g. sysctl defaults),
and I really know too much about the networking side. But I'm pretty sure
that Lukáš and other maintainers fix bugs in the network init script and
will maintain it.

Zbyszek