Cinnamon Spin

Dan Book grinnz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 02:24:07 UTC 2015

On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Dan Book <grinnz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have put together a basic Cinnamon Live spin, and was wondering if this
> is something people would like to see become official. It's not ready for
> submission quite yet, there is a bit of a hack to change the default
> gtk-theme to Zukitwo, as the Adwaita gtk-theme messes up title-bar and
> desktop icon colors (something that should probably be fixed upstream, this
> happens for any Cinnamon install by default in F21). I'm not a Fedora
> packager nor do I have a whole lot of time to put into this, but I am
> willing to update and maintain the spin as necessary.
>
> I have the kickstart files in this github repo:
> https://github.com/Grinnz/spin-kickstart-cinnamon
> And resulting images, which I have briefly tested and installed in a VM:
> https://grinnz.com/public/spins-cinnamon/
>
> I added a skeleton wiki page as well:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cinnamon_Spin
>
> -Dan Book

Update: Cinnamon is now using an updated version of the Zukitwo gtk-theme
and I have re-spinned isos at https://grinnz.com/public/spins-cinnamon/ .
Once the next cinnamon update goes through the workaround to set the
gtk-theme can be removed. IMO the spin is now suitable for further testing
and development for inclusion in the fedora spins, if anyone is up to the
task.

-Dan