DNF replacing yum: fedup?

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Tue Jan 27 07:44:05 UTC 2015

On 01/26/2015 10:26 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Has this been considered yet? Should porting fedup to dnf be in the
> scope of this Change? Does that affect its practicability for F22?

I was thinking about this in past beacuse I maintain fedora-upgrade(8).

If DNF is default for F22, then IMO all upgrade tools should start migrating to DNF after F22 release. Not sooner!
I.e. upgrade from F21 to F22 should be done using yum. Because the upgrade is run on code-base of F21.
And DNF should be used for the first time for upgrade from F22 to F23.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS