[Guielines Change] Changes to the packaging guidelines

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Jan 28 05:13:27 UTC 2015

RS> Is this retroactive on all supported versions of Fedora?

Packaging guideline changes are pretty much never retroactive; we don't
really have an enforcement body.

RS> 20+?

Well, <20 isn't exactly important.

RS> What about EPEL 5, 6, 7?

Pretty sure 7 is OK, but in any case, EPEL has its own guidelines.
Still, here's some magic:
  %{!?_licensedir:%global license %%doc}
Now everything supports %license.  I so wish there was an
epel-rpm-config package that could hold this kind of thing.

RS> Should some basic steps be added there? Or perhaps a link to another
RS> wiki page?

Feel free to make a more concrete suggestion and I'll be happy to make
the change.

 - J<