Plan of Record for Fedora 22 Network Install Media

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Wed Jan 28 09:28:45 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 12:53 AM, Kamil Paral <kparal at redhat.com> wrote:

> I have missed that discussion, so if it has been decided already, I'm late. But my feeling is that we're going to shoot ourselves in the foot with this. Our QA test matrices will explode once again, and we will be offering too many images with almost indistinguishable differences to our users.
>
> The only difference seems to be branding (which can be generic) and partitioning scheme. People installing Server and Cloud are usually pretty capable of choosing their preferred partitioning scheme. I think this is not worth 3 more netinst images.
>
> But I guess most of my objection is caused by the QA point of view.
> --

My sentiments too - One netinstall is enough, though I'd expand the
menu on it for more selectivity. I haven't looked recently but I think
there are more package groups than those listed on the right-hand
panel of the netinstall menu. Have the desktops on the left panel and
the package groups on the right and mix-and-match.

--
OSJourno: Robust Power Tools for Digital Journalists
http://www.znmeb.mobi/stories/osjourno-robust-power-tools-for-digital-journalists

Remember, if you're traveling to Bactria, Hump Day is Tuesday and Thursday.