DNF and mock

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Jan 28 16:01:44 UTC 2015

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 18:09:02 +0100
Jan Zelený <jzeleny at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 27. 1. 2015 at 10:03:54, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> > On 27 January 2015 at 01:37, Jan Zelený <jzeleny at redhat.com> wrote:

...snip...

> > > Does it mean that everything either migrated to Fedora or at least
> > > considered
> > > to be migrated soon?
> >
> > When you mean everything are you asking about web servers, database
> > servers, email servers, etc?
>
> Build servers

Well, if we can get the ppc builders over to Fedora, then they would
all be running Fedora. ;)

That doesn't mean that mock on them will be using dnf by default
however. That change would need to be made in koji (since it writes out
the mock configs). Perhaps someone would be able to submit a koji patch
around this?

Also, I am not sure the status of releng tools with dnf. That would be
pungi (makes images), mash (makes repos), generic releng scripts (at
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/releng/ ). All those may need work to
move to dnf. (Some more trivial than others)

kevin