Packages without the Rawhide branch?

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Wed Jan 28 19:48:02 UTC 2015

Hi,

this is a question which I have encountered couple of times, but
I have always forgot to ask about it: is it possible to have
a package without Rawhide (devel) branch?

I have just created (and got approved) python-mako1.0 as
a compatibility package for EPEL-6. When I asked for the new
repo for it, I expect to get also devel/Rawhide branch for it.
However, I don't see any purpose of it. Should I just orphan the
devel branch of it? Or is there a way how to get a package
without it in the first place? Shouldn't it be possible?

Best,

Matěj