Filing Bugs for Python 3 Switch

Miloslav Trmač mitr at redhat.com
Thu Jan 29 12:38:16 UTC 2015

(Speaking only for myself, not for all of FESCo; hoping others will chime in.)
> - What if Anaconda does make it? :)
I don’t know.

> - What is "enough"? It's possible that two or three packages may be still
> unported even in F23 (and as for server livecd in F23, I think there will be
> few more).
2-3 packages should not be an issue, perhaps unless they were very visible (e.g. having a public and widely-used Python plugin API).

> - So is it ok if I file bugs for all components that I know are
> upstream-compatible with Python 3 (bugs to get them switched, I mean)?

If we are shipping both Python versions anyway, and the specific packages are known to be compatible (i.e. there little risk), I don’t see any reason not to switch them already in F22.
     Mirek