DNF and mock

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Thu Jan 29 22:17:28 UTC 2015

On Thu, 29 Jan 2015 10:11 +0100
Jan Zelený <jzeleny at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 28. 1. 2015 at 11:52:54, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 09:01:44 -0700
> > Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

> > > ...snip...

> > > Well, if we can get the ppc builders over to Fedora, then they
> > > would all be running Fedora. ;)
> > >
> > > That doesn't mean that mock on them will be using dnf by default
> > > however. That change would need to be made in koji (since it
> > > writes out the mock configs). Perhaps someone would be able to
> > > submit a koji patch around this?
>
> I understand that and I will do my best to coordinate the effort
> here. I'm sure we will be able to provide some patches.

It is going to take quite a bit of thought and effort on how to best
integrate.  it is something I am planning to get on a roadmap for koji
2.0

> > > Also, I am not sure the status of releng tools with dnf. That
> > > would be pungi (makes images), mash (makes repos), generic releng
> > > scripts (at https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/releng/ ). All
> > > those may need work to move to dnf. (Some more trivial than
> > > others)
> > >
> > > kevin
> >
> > The work to port the releng tools to dnf has not yet been started.
> > patches are welcome.
>
> Actually, it has, at least to some degree. We work closely with Dan
> Mach and we already track a bunch of RFEs for hawkey. I don't know
> which tools are being worked on though, the only one I'm sure about
> is pungi.

Daniel Mach does not work with Fedora Releng at all. He has not
communicated to me nor has anyone else. As upstream for pungi and the
Fedora releng tools I think I am in a pretty good place to know where
the tools are. If someone is going off and doing something without
working with me then I am unaware of the work and look forward to
seeing patches submitted for review.

Dennis