Koji build failure: noarch vs. arch?

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 03:20:54 UTC 2015

I just had a weird failure on a koji builder:

The SRPM creation step failed, with this output:

error: parse error in expression
error: /builddir/build/SPECS/libpuma.spec:119: bad %if condition
Building target platforms: noarch
Building for target noarch
Child return code was: 1
EXCEPTION: Command failed. See logs for output.

It is complaining about this line in the spec file:

%if %{__isa_bits} == 64

and, from the mention of noarch, my guess is that the complaint is
triggered because whatever is doing the parsing thinks this is a
noarch package.  It is not.  It is an archful package, with a noarch
-doc subpackage.  What component is doing this parsing?  Was it
changed recently?  Because that same construct in the spec file didn't
cause a problem the last time I built this package.  Also, the package
builds without trouble in mock.  Thanks,
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/